1. Personal information collected by Chalke Valley History Festivals Limited (CVHF)
2. Use of personal information
Personal information is used by CVHF to complete commercial transactions on behalf of customers for the purposes of attendance at the Festival, for example for the provision of meals and tickets for events. CVHF adheres to a strict policy of limiting the disclosure of personal information to the minimum necessary and, in most circumstances, such information is only supplied to third parties on an aggregated basis. Information is passed on an aggregated basis only to prospective advertisers or sponsors of the Festival. CVHF will use the personal information it holds for the purposes of market research on customers of CVHF. CVHF will also use personal information for the purposes of sending newsletters, announcements and marketing products related to CVHF activities and to other activities with a link to history in general as well as to deliver customisable content related to CVHF, the Festival, history in general and its speakers if customers opt-in to receive such information.
Under no circumstances will the personal information held by CVHF be sold to third parties nor used for the purposes of general advertising and marketing.
3. Legal restrictions
If CVHF believes in good faith it is necessary or when required by the law, CVHF will disclose personal information to:
- Co-operate with the investigations of purported unlawful activities;
- Identify individuals who may be violating the law, a legal notice or the rights of third parties;
- Comply with legal requirements or any legal notice or process served on CVHF; and
- Protect or defend the rights or intellectual or physical property of CVHF, the CVHF website or visitors to the website.
CVHF takes great care to ensure the security of all data received from customers’ personal computer to our servers and all stored information on our systems. Access to stored information is password protected. Where sensitive information like credit card details or financial information is transmitted, 128-bit SSL encryption is used. CVHF ensures that access to data and passwords used to access such data are only known to CVHF personnel and trusted contractors and third parties (such as website developers and the Internet Service Provider) who are authorised by CVHF to access this information.